Children are naturally curious and constantly exploring and learning all about the world around them both inside and outside. They seem especially fascinated with windows and doors. Are your window treatments safe for them?
The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are urging parents, grandparents and caregivers to check all window treatments in the home for potential strangulation hazards, specifically exposed cords and dangling cords.
Window Safety Blinds
Here are proactive tasks for Child Safety:
- Position cribs, beds, playpens and other furniture away from windows.
- Check all windows and doors for exposed or dangling cords.
- Keep all cords beyond the reach of any child.
- Eliminate cords whenever possible.
- Permanently anchor continuous cord loop window treatment cords to the wall or the floor.
- Replace current window treatments with cordless ones.
At Window Accents, we have lots of window treatment ideas specifically designed with Child Safety in mind. New blinds and shades are designed with easy manual operation using spring-like lift systems, wands instead of cords, retractable pull-cords, and cord tensioners. Almost all of the newer treatments are available with motorized action via remote from a device or an app on your smart phone.
Be smart yourself this month and take a moment to check all of your blinds, shades, and traverse window treatments to keep the children in your home safe.
For a FREE professional in-home audit of your window treatments and to see samples of the latest child safe treatments contact Kim at either 513-398-5798